Part Time (24 hours per week) + Saturday mornings 8.30am – 1.00pm by prior arrangement Monday, Thursday & Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Purpose of the role:
This role is a combination of organising and co-ordinating the efficient operation of the Large Animal services in addition to clerical support for all Delaware staff.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
Responsible for organising and co-ordinating visits for our team of 9 large animal veterinary surgeons, you will be expected to liaise with our farm clients to ensure that veterinary care is delivered in a timely and practical manner.
The key areas of focus for the Farm Animal Administrator are:
- Client Focus
- Team Player
- IT Literacy
1. Client Focus
Be comfortable and proficient in building relationships with our farming clients by understanding individual needs.
To deliver customer service to the highest standard by underpinning the values of Delaware Veterinary Group.
Should they arise, to be able to handle client complaints, with the support of the practice management team in a professional and calm manner.
Impeccable phone manner supported by a high level of literacy to support the written communication required for both internal and external communication.
Be able to disseminate information to vets in a clear and concise manner
Be able to express opinions with integrity and act with respect and empathy to both clients and colleagues
To promote the practice through the medium of spoken word, social media and newsletters.
Organise and co-ordinate farm meetings and the attendance of the practice at agricultural shows.
Keep up to date with market trends and seek new opportunities.
Liaise with and co-ordinate students seeking experience of veterinary practice for career progression.
4. Team Player
Relates well to all kinds of people.
Shows an interest in listening and supporting others in the team to build strong lasting relationships with colleagues.
Be able to interact at all levels across the practice.
Respect the structure within the farm animal team and across the wider practice.
5. IT Literacy
Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel for communication, recording and data analysis.
Familiarity with Merlin, Herdkeeper and VetImpress for record keeping and diary management.
Understanding of DEFRA requirements for TB Testing and the reporting system in place to support submission of tests.
Person Specification – The qualities required to fulfil this position:
- Confident and enthusiastic – a passion and ability to provide outstanding client service. This is likely to mean the person has an understanding of the farming and dairy industry which will be matched with a desire to provide support to our clients as well as our vets.
- Excellent communicator – good written and oral communication skills that are employed to build relationships with our clients as well as all practice team members, including the vet team, nursing team and fellow administrators.
- Team focused – an approachable person with a can-do attitude. Someone who involves and supports the team around them to promote a harmonious and professional approach to work. This will involve respectful relationships with all members of the team.
- Organised – a person able to maintain a positive outlook whilst working under pressure. Someone who can display high levels of multi-tasking whilst maintaining the accuracy of critical detail.
- Fun but professional - we pride ourselves on our reputation amongst our clients and the community. The successful candidate would need to embrace the caring ethos of our practice and encourage a harmonious working day both with clients and colleagues. The successful candidate will be professional but with the ability to have fun.